We are a growing, unconventional tech company that is the leading provider of advanced, enterprise-grade, plug-and-play networking solutions for the automated residence. Every team member in our company plays an integral role in our success, and each person’s contribution does not go unrecognized. There is a difference between busy and stressful, and we successfully strive for the former. Our team members describe our work environment as collaborative, supportive and low stress. Team is not just a word we use but a culture we carry out and ego is not in our vocabulary. We believe in working hard/playing hard and encourage our team members to do the same by providing time off where we expect team members to disconnect and be present with their families. If you are looking for a company who cares and encourages growth, a place where you can work along side some of the brightest in the business and you are a team player who is comfortable multitasking- we’d love to talk to you!
To apply, you must submit a salary expectation range and a cover letter along with your resume.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide remote technical support with deployment, installation and configuration of network systems.
- Document, diagnose, and resolve issues remotely with clients’ networks.
- Create and manage client accounts on Ruckus FlexMaster management server.
- Configure and troubleshoot Ruckus Wireless network systems, including ZoneDirector wireless controllers and ZoneFlex wireless access points
- Configure and troubleshoot Ruckus/Brocade ICX Switches, Sophos Firewalls, and Cisco ASAs & Catalyst switches.
- Occasional after-hours emergency support for remote clients (usually ISP issues).
Required Skills & Abilities
- Have strong attention to detail, with a focus on accuracy.
- Programming and troubleshooting Ruckus ZoneDirector & Unleashed environments.
- Custom electronics design/integration experience and familiarity with home automation systems such as Crestron, Savant, AMX, and Control4.
- Experience with TeamViewer or other remote desktop support applications.
- VPN and SSH experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.
- Be a team player.
- Be very personable.
- Have great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently (semi-autonomous environment).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems under pressure and while interfacing with clients.
Required Experience, Certifications & Degrees
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years networking experience.
- Current CCNA/CWNA/WiSE/CCENT certification or equivalent experience.
- Experience supporting customer environments in a helpdesk/support capacity.
- Solid understanding of network protocols, firewalls, routers, switching, TCP/IP, and RF coverage.
- Thorough knowledge of wireless local area networks, authentication, security, and encryption protocols.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge of ConnectWise.
- Web development / database experience.
- Apple or Microsoft certifications.